Sherri Evans

Sherri Evans

Friday, November 8, 2013

Today's Miracle


 

 

Matt 6:11

 

11 Give us this day our daily bread.                

NKJV

 

Today I was thinking about my financial state and plotting a strategy for Christmas.  My initial thought was panic, it is a month away, how am I going to pull this off debt-free?!  Then my mind took me back to last Christmas when I had this same concern.  And then I had an epiphany.  God provided last year and He will this year as well.

So many times,  I notice the huge break-throughs that God sends my way; but then I overlook the small day-to-day miracles.  I think that is why this verse reminds us to look to Him for each day's  sustenance and provision.  We do not need to  see how it will all come together, we just need to trust Him for this day.  He is a God of big miracles, little  miracles and medium-sized miracles. There are situations that I never do identify what He did to get me through,  This happens a lot with money- but all of a sudden I will realize, "Wait a minute!   When did that problem go away?"  And sure enough, at some point when  I did not notice, He had altered my situation.

As a wife and  mother, I will often do little things that I think will  bless my family.  I buy their favorite cereal, do a chore that is typically theirs, take care of a need before they ask, etc.  I do it because I love them and want to see them smile.  Then I find myself hovering near, wondering when it is going to hit them that I did something for them.  I live in a houseful of  guys so even if they notice, saying something about it is not the norm.  But I imagine the Heavenly Father doing things like that for us, just waiting for us to recognize His  handiwork!  I am prayerfully endeavoring to notice His blessings in my life.

As I am trying to remain in a season of thankfulness, I am more keenly aware of all the ways, both large and small, that He  meets my needs.   Can you think of three things that was a concern a year ago but is a non-issue now?  That's God in your life!

Dear Lord, thank you for faithfully and quietly meeting my every need from day to day.  Forgive me for the times that I fail to notice Your marvelous works.  In Jesus' Name.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. Feel free to share how these posts are impacting your life.