Sherri Evans

Sherri Evans

Thursday, April 2, 2015

Lord, I Can't Even Help You!





"26 Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us[a] with groanings which cannot be uttered. "  Romans 8:26 (NKJV)

 

"Lord, I don't even know how to help you.  I have no idea how to even pray about this situation.  I need  you to take care of this!"  March 30, 2015

"Lord, ditto..." March 31, 2015

This is a recent excerpt from back-to-back days in my prayer journal.  Have you ever experienced this type of situation?  You know you need to pray about it.  You feel a tugging to pray.  You feel the emotional build up that only "praying through" can fix and then...you stall.  Unable to proceed.

Usually I feel like I "know" how to pray.  Pray for healing. Deliverance.  Guidance. Provision.  Easy- no brainer stuff!  But there are life situations that are definitely above my pay grade and skill set!  My mind runs through different scenarios.  But none of them feels right.  None have the outcome that feels right.  It seems hopeless...

I am so grateful that when I do not even know where to begin, He knows.  HE KNOWS!!!  God, my  loving Father,  knows how to intercede.  He knows how to line up critical players in just the right timeframe.  He knows how to change the heart of others.  He sends the provision...the right word...at just the right moment. 

He has a plan that surpasses anything our minds can fathom.

In situations that deal with others-especially those with multiple others- things can be murky.  Convoluted.  The usual tips and tricks just do not work.  Only God knows the heart of man.  Only God can apply just the right pressure to mold and shape us in our situation.

Are you over your head in a situation?  Come!  Let us pray together!

Dear God, thank you for praying for me.  Thank you for caring for me. And for carrying me.  Oh, Lord, I am so lost in this situation.  I want your will, but honestly, I do not even know what it is.  Give me the grace to stand steadfast in the wait.  Increase my faith.  Soften hearts.  Unveil your plan.  Purify my heart.  Remove the things in me that interfere with your plan.  And God, pour out lavish love and help to all those in need today.  In Jesus' Name.  Amen.
 
 





© Sherri Evans Ministries 2015. All rights reserved. Used by permission. For booking schedule and information: sherrievans@sherrievansministries.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. Feel free to share how these posts are impacting your life.