Sherri Evans

Sherri Evans

Friday, May 26, 2017

All Expense Paid



 

It was the summer I turned 19.  I was newly married and finally had my dream job- I worked for the State of Florida!  (OK, so ultimately not so dreamy, but at the time a BIG deal.) I remember being amazed that although I had just been hired full time, I would get a day off for free!  Memorial day weekend- a chance to barbeque, sleep in and shop!

It wasn't until yesterday, quite a few years later, that I realized... that day off was not free.  It was paid for by the blood of men and women who sacrificed to make America free.  It was a day of soberness and reflection, paid for with blood.  Wow.  I had totally missed it.

But just as quickly as thought came, revelation sprang in my Spirit.   I live everyday free.  Free from the penalty of my sin.  Free from spiritual oppression.  Free from bondage.  Free from darkness.  Brought to me by... the blood of my Redeemer, Jesus Christ.

I've heard it said that 'freedom isn't free'.  Nothing in life really is.  Every bit of it was bought and paid for by someone.  Free salad with an entrée?  Nah.  The price is included in the cost of everything else.  Free local park? Nope.  Paid for by tax dollars, or grants, also created with tax dollars.  No matter how free it is someone- somewhere- paid the bill.

Today if I choose to live in bondage, it is my choice.  My way has been purchased.  All expense paid departure is set aside for me.  All I have to do is believe and receive.

"If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."  Rom. 10:9

Do you want to be free today?  If so, join me in prayer.

Dear Lord, I realize that I am in bondage due to my sin.  I believe that you are the Son of God, that you died for my sins and was raised from the dead.  I believe you paid the price to purchase my freedom and now I ask you to come in my heart, wash me and set me free.  In Jesus' Name.  Amen.

 


 
 
If you prayed that with me, I encourage you to tell a Christian and let them pray and rejoice with you!  Find a Bible believing church and become a part of regular worship, Bible study and growth.  There you will receive the tools you need to make the most of your freedom!  Congratulations!  You just made the best decision you will ever make!










© Sherri Evans Ministries 2017. All rights reserved. Used by permission. For booking schedule and information: sherrievans@sherrievansministries.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. Feel free to share how these posts are impacting your life.