Sherri Evans

Sherri Evans

Monday, October 1, 2012

Help Wanted

“The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped.  My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song.”

Psalm 28:7


There are days that I just go bankrupt- I have no strength within myself.  I am so grateful that when I hit a wall He is there to give me what I need.  His strength is not based on the limitations of humanity, but rather, is defined by his supernatural power and strength.
This verse goes on to acknowledge the Lord as my shield.  He takes the bullets for me.  He stands between me and my enemy.  He blocks me from the fiery darts of the enemy and preserves my life, my heart, my mind and my soul. I am so glad that in Him I can find insulation from the storms in this life. 
He is your strength and shield as well.  And as you commit your heart to trust in Him, you will find that you are helped.  Whatever kind of help you need- finances; friendship; healing; love; acceptance; favor; He has unlimited help to offer to any situation in life that you may be facing.
With the knowledge that He is all those things to us- strength, shield and help; we can experience the joy in our hearts that the psalmist is describing.  And ultimately we find ourselves bursting forth with praise to such a loving and intimate God.
Dear Lord, thank you for the words penned in this verse.  Thank you that you are my strength, protector and help.  Lord I need you to come  on the scene in the situations that are heavy on my heart.  Help my heart to trust in you all the more.  In Jesus’ Name I pray.  Amen.
Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. Feel free to share how these posts are impacting your life.