Sherri Evans

Sherri Evans

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

You Don’t Scare Me

“The Lord is my light and my salvation whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the stronghold of my life- of whom shall I be afraid?”  Psalm 27:1


There are many situations that occur over a person’s lifespan that inspires fear.  We can have sudden fear when we lose visual contact with a toddler in a department store.  We can have months of agonizing fear as we go through uncertainty in medical testing, diagnosis or treatment.  We can experience life-long fears: the fear of heights, public speaking or an unrealistic fear of dogs or snakes.

Regardless of what you fear, things are always less frightening in the broad light of day.  When the sun is out and birds are singing, it has a way of putting everything into perspective.  Regardless of what fears you face today, begin to pray for the Lord to bring His light into the situation and grant you a new perspective.  If He is your Light, Salvation and Stronghold, what can man do to you?  He is the sovereign, omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient God.  (He is all powerful, ever present and all-knowing.)  There is nothing that you face that is beyond the gamut of his expertise.  You are God’s child and He loves you.  He watches over you tenderly, protecting you, blessing you and loving you through every moment of each day.  His watch care of you is all inclusive.  If we honestly grab hold of the truth that He loved us enough to die for us to be restored to him, it empowers us to trust Him with our lives. 

Dear Lord, thank you for being my light, my stronghold and my Savior.  Help me to look at life through a lens of faith, rather than through one of fear.  In Jesus’ Name.  Amen.

Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. Feel free to share how these posts are impacting your life.