Sherri Evans

Sherri Evans

Friday, October 12, 2012

The Prayer Differently Answered


"Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me.  But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”  II Corinthians 12:7


 

We have all been through times that the Lord did not answer our prayers in the way that we had hoped.  We have known the disappointment of a “no” or a “not yet” from the Lord.  When we go through these types of situations, it can be difficult to understand the way that the Lord is working.  Like the Apostle Paul, we may find that God is giving us the grace to walk through it rather than delivering us out of a situation.

But we must never short-change the answer of grace.  When God answers with grace, He is offering His power to overcome, His strength to stand, and assurance of His love and presence in our life.   So many times when we pray, we are blessed with just the answer we believe for.  But there are times we must be prepared to trust Him to know what is best for us.

Dear Lord, help me to stand in your grace today.  Help me to be satisfied and appreciative of the help you are offering.  In Jesus’ Name.  Amen.

Sherri

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. Feel free to share how these posts are impacting your life.