Sherri Evans

Sherri Evans

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Beloved of God


"I am my beloved's and he is mine..."  Song of Solomon 6:3


 

"Friendship has blossomed to love and marriage." This is the verse that we had imprinted on the napkins at our wedding, twenty-five years ago today!  It is hard for me to believe that we are already celebrating our Silver Anniversary.  When I look back on the children we were back when we said "I do" I am amazed that we ever survived to make it so many years together.

Marriage is one of the most unique relationships that we experience while on the face of the earth.  It is the walking  alongside someone that makes it so special- and so difficult. As small children, we want what we want when we want it and scream until we get it! As we mature, we learn to care about the needs of someone else, and hopefully, we learn to care more about someone else.

If you are married, or are contemplating marriage, know that marriage takes three.  The both of you, and the Father to hold it together. Us being joined as husband and wife is often paralleled in Scripture to Christ and his Bride- the church.  In many ways, the analogy is so powerful.  Christ picked you.  He called you to come apart and be his.  He makes a lifelong (actually eternity-long)  covenant with us that he will never leave us.  People can walk out on us.  People pass from this life.  But thankfully, we all have someone who loves us and wants to make the journey of life by our side! 

Dear Lord, help me to be the wife (or husband) you want me to be.  But more than that, help me to be the Bride that you have chosen.  Help me to be pure and spotless, living in eager expectation for that great wedding day, the Marriage Supper of the Lamb.  In Jesus' Name.  Amen.

Happy Anniversary, Johnny.  I love you and thank God for the journey together.

Sherri

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. Feel free to share how these posts are impacting your life.