Sherri Evans

Sherri Evans

Friday, November 1, 2013

Hit the Reset Button


    

Lam 3:22-23

 

It is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.

23 They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.

KJV

 

Yesterday was one of those days.  By four o'clock I wasn't sure if I wanted to cry or get under the bed. Nothing I touched seem to work. Several work assignments had left me spending the whole day working and accomplishing nothing.  Over and over my technology failed and frustrated me.   It seemed as if I had wasted an entire day.  I felt ragged, disgusted and used up.  And then it hit me!  I can hit the reset button and switch gears!  I can draw a line at the end of the day and move on.  It was now family time and I could lay aside the stress of work.

 I am so grateful for evenings when I can relax, enjoy my family and recharge my battery.  This got me to thinking about the way that God allows for so many do-over's.  Each morning is a fresh start.   No matter how yesterday went, today is a new opportunity.  Today there is fresh grace and mercy on me to use that day. Each morning it seems that my hope is renewed and I am  able to embrace a good attitude and expectation for that day.

 Each spring reminds us of how beautiful it is again to embrace new life.  All of this points to the new birth, where Christ redeemed us from the curse of sin.  Because of Calvary, we can begin again in Christ.  Just as  we need to approach each new day  as a gift and a new start, we need to see our life in Christ as a brand new beginning.  We have to put aside all the ugliness of our past and begin with a fresh, clean slate.

Our minds  are so  easily overwhelmed, discouraged and burned out.  If you are having more day than you do grace, ask the Lord to multiply mercy and grace to you to meet the demands of your day.

Dear Lord, thank you for a fresh start.  Please help to walk in your grace and mercy today.  In Jesus' Name.  Amen.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. Feel free to share how these posts are impacting your life.