Sherri Evans

Sherri Evans

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Out Among the People


 

    

1 Chron 16:8

 

8 Oh, give thanks to the Lord !

Call upon His name;

Make known His deeds among the peoples!

NKJV

 

Sometimes when we give thanks, it is for us.  It allows us to see life in the proper perspective, acknowledging God as our Savior and Source.  Other times, we give thanks for others.  Why?  Because  people need to hear the wonderful things that God is doing in your life.  People need to understand that God is still on the throne and He is still moving on behalf of His people.  The world is desperate to know that Someone cares and will take care of them.  How will they know it, if we do not share?

Years ago there was a popular song "God is Watching Us...From a Distance."  I despised that song!  My God is not a distant, unconcerned God.  No way!  He is ever present, ever loving, ever faithful.  He does numerous small and great things for me every day.  He allowed me to wake up today.  He saved my soul.  He gifted me with His Spirit to guide me.  He blessed me with a wonderful husband, mother, children, friends, the list is positively endless.  Beyond that, He helps me avoid car  wrecks, causes me to find things on sale, and gives me peace that passes understanding. 

When we hear other people's testimony, it increases our own faith to believe that God does indeed hear and answer prayer.  It does not have to happen in a "testimony service".  In fact, it is better if it doesn't.  (My opinion.)  Let's get our testimony outside the four walls of the church and into the workplace, the marketplace and in our schools.  Make His deeds known among the people.  Who knows, your testimony may be the very one to cause someone to turn to God or to return to Him. 

Dear Lord, forgive me when I fail to give thanks  publicly for all you do for me privately.  I am humbled by your goodness and overwhelmed by your mercy and grace.  In  Jesus' Name.  Amen.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. Feel free to share how these posts are impacting your life.