Sherri Evans

Sherri Evans

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Crying in the Depths




    

    

Ps 130:1-2

 

130 Out of the depths I cry to you, O Lord ;

2 O Lord, hear my voice.

Let your ears be attentive

to my cry for mercy.

NIV 

 

Today is just one of those days.  A day when the mountain seems too high to climb. My desire is to plop down in the grass at the bottom and never ascend.  Today is a day that makes life seem undoable, dreadful,  and a drudgery.  Today the trials of life seem to scream louder than the joys.  Do you ever have days like that?

 

The psalmist was having such a day in these verses.  A day in the pit.  A day in despair.  When those days happen, we cannot sit silently and hopelessly.  No!  We must cry out to God!  We must remind ourselves that He will hear our voice.  He will attend to our cry for mercy.  No matter what we face, we must cling to the truth that He is greater.  We can never forget that he loves us infinitely and His resources for us are without limit.   His mercy preserves us, "Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.  (Lam 3:22, NIV)

 

It may look bleak, but God has not left the throne.  He is still reigning supreme and He has placed all of life's burdens and trials under His feet.   He has conquered them all. Because of that, we know that we will walk forward in victory.   We will come out on the other side.  We do have a glorious inheritance that nothing can take away.

 

Take a moment and commit the problems of your life to the Lord.  Unburden yourself at the foot of the cross.  His big shoulders can handle the weight that would crush you underneath.

 

  Dear God, I need you today.  I need Your strength, Your joy, and Your hope.  I need to see Your hand at work. I need a breakthrough.  A sign of hope to sustain me.  In Jesus' Name.  Amen.

 



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. Feel free to share how these posts are impacting your life.