Sherri Evans

Sherri Evans

Friday, February 14, 2014

Love & Acknowledgement




 

    Ps 91:14

 

14 "Because he loves me," says the Lord , "I will rescue him;

I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.

NIV

 

We, as a culture, are all about what we do.  When meeting someone for the first time it is not uncommon for one of the first questions that we ask them to be, "What do you do?"  This, of course, means "what do you do for a living".  We act as if someone's worth and value are wrapped up in what they do.

 

I have heard a powerful message from Joyce Meyer when she expounds the fact that we are "human beings" not "human doings." This means that we have inherent worth and value in the eyes of God completely apart from anything we do.  Human beings matter to the Lord because we are created in His image and for His glory.

 

Today's verse is one of those go-to verses when you are facing frightening circumstances.  It is a powerful reminder that God is faithful to watch over His own.  In this verse, in fact, it appears the primary "doing" is on God's side.  The part of the recipient?  Loving God and acknowledging His name.  That seems simple enough, right?! 

 

I have heard over the years all kinds  of formulas for getting God to answer prayers.  They usually involve claiming certain verses, taking faith steps, etc.  Although it is good to recall Scriptures, to pray Scriptures and to believe Scriptures, and even to do acts of obedience, still the action to perform it is on God's side.  He watches over His Word to perform in our lives an throughout the earth.

 

I believe that if we have a right heart, we will work for Jesus.  We will not do it to get anything out of the deal.  We will just serve because we love. Doing works of service are a vital part of the Christian life.  A natural outgrowth of a fruitful life in Him.  But the beginning and ending of it all, is found in loving God, believing, and acknowledging His Name.

 

Are you going through some stuff?  Relax, trust and love.   Rest in the Lord.  That is your part.  Taking care of you and your problem?  That's God's part.  And He is up for the job!

 

 Dear Lord, here I am.  I am here to love, worship and acknowledge You.  I choose to cast my care upon you and trust that you will take care of me.   In Jesus' Name.  Amen.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. Feel free to share how these posts are impacting your life.