Sherri Evans

Sherri Evans

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Help on the Go!

Psalm 46:1

“God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.”




Do you ever want to hide?  Jump in the bed and cover your head?


Things often come our way that overwhelm and over-power us.  Just like a child running to daddy’s arms, or clinging to mommy’s skirt tail, we want to hide our faces from the concerns of life.

Thankfully no matter where we go or what we do, we have a portable hiding place.  God goes with us and is always present to hide us in the shadow of his wings.  He is there to shield and defend us. He is there to strengthen us.  We never walk alone.

There was a time in my life I faced a situation that felt so heavy that I felt I would be crushed by it.  I could not work up sufficient strength to face what lay ahead and I wanted with all my might to turn and run.  And yet, my spirit was calling me to rise up and be a mighty woman of God in that situation. I remember praying, crying out to God to hide me.  A flood of peace, comfort, security and protection flooded my soul.  The Lord gave me grace and empowerment to face something and someone I feared and do what he required of me.

Don’t be afraid to cry out to God to receive the help you need.  Life is too difficult to face it without a source of strength and help.

Dear Lord, thank you for the protection we have in you.  Cover me today, protect me from whatever comes my way.  Help me to acknowledge you in all things and to give you every care.

In Jesus’ Name. Amen. 

Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. Feel free to share how these posts are impacting your life.