Sherri Evans

Sherri Evans

Friday, June 29, 2012

Waiting on the Lord




Psalm 40:1-2

“I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry.”


How many of you could say with the Psalmist that you wait patiently for the Lord?  I probably could not count myself in that number.  With our fast-food society, I must confess that when I pray, I hope to see an immediate response to that prayer.  Sometimes we are blessed for that to happen.  But more often than not, there is a time period of waiting.

God uses waiting to develop our character, to teach us patience and to train us to learn to trust in him.  Much is gained when we learn to patiently wait for our Redeemer.  Though waiting patiently for him can be painful to our flesh, like any other discipline, it causes us to reap great benefits when we master the art of waiting.

As you wait, try to see yourself as a waiter or waitress in a restaurant rather than as an impatient patient in a doctor’s lobby.  “Waiting” on God looks something like this-“ Lord, what would you have me do?”  “Tell me where to go.”  “Show me what to say to please you.”

 Be assured today, that as you wait on him, he does hear you.  We have to believe that he hears and that his “turning to us” will soon manifest.

Dear Lord, help me today to appreciate the teachable moments while I wait on you.  Thank you that you do hear me and turn to me.  In Jesus’ Name.  Amen.

Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. Feel free to share how these posts are impacting your life.