Sherri Evans

Sherri Evans

Friday, September 21, 2012

All My Fears

“I sought the Lord and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears.”  Psalm 34:4

 
What are you afraid of?  What keeps you awake at night running thoughts of dread and doom through your mind?  Do you fear sickness or death?  Financial ruin?  Shame?  Rejection?  We all have myriad issues that concern or even torment us.
I love this passage because the writer (David) tells how he sought the Lord, received an answer, and deliverance.  That is quite a testimony!  So often when we are troubled or in fear, rather than seek the Lord we constantly fret or worry on the issues of life.  But unless we seek Him, it is unlikely He will hear or help us.  God is a gentleman and often waits to be invited into the situations of our life.  Whatever you struggle with, seek the Lord, inquire of him, plead for grace, mercy and deliverance.  And just as it was with David, God will answer you as well!
Can you imagine what it would feel like to be delivered from all of your fears?  How liberating it would be to have nothing to fear.  I have found it to be true in my own life, that most often my fears do not come to pass.  And when they do, many times the real events are not as frightening as the way I imagined them.  “For God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, and of love and of a sound mind.”  (II Tim. 1:7)  We do not have to be subject to our fears, but rather we can choose to walk in faith. 
Dear Lord, I need you to come on the scene in the situations that pertain to me.  Help me, remove my fear, and teach me to trust in Your protection and provision.  In Jesus’ Name.  Amen.
Sherri
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. Feel free to share how these posts are impacting your life.