Sherri Evans

Sherri Evans

Monday, September 24, 2012

“Living by Faith”


 "Behold the proud, his soul is not upright in him; but the just shall live by his faith.”  Habakkuk 2:4 (NKJ)

Would you consider yourself to be a just person?  The Bible dictionary defines just as- “Doing, or according with, that which is right; yielding to all their due; just; equitable; especially, free from wrong, guilt, or sin; holy; as, a righteous man or act; a righteous retribution.

By that definition, I certainly do not match up.  But it is my aim to be free from guilt and sin and to live a holy life.  We know that our righteousness is linked directly to our faith (Romans 4:20-22) so it is not surprising that this passage says that the “just shall live by faith.”  This statement can mean so many things.  It could mean we trust God for our living (roof, clothing, food); or it could mean that we live our lives in accordance with faith rather than what we can see or understand.  Ask God to help you apply this verse to your life.

The main thing I sense the Lord speaking to you and me today is that He expects us, His saints, His “just” ones, to live by faith.  That means we live beyond our control, our understanding, our means and our current situation.  We live firmly established in our belief that God will take care of us, He will lead and guide us, He will provide for us, and He will walk with us.  If we truly believe that way, that means we will step out and do some things that are outside our comfort zone.  We will be willing to do things because we feel God leading us even if there is no earthly reason why it should work.

My challenge to you today is to reflect over the last month of your life.  What was the last thing you did, that was truly born of faith?  Something you did because you were radically following Jesus?  If you cannot come up with anything, I urge you to begin to examine your faith walk.  Step out and find out what God will do on your behalf if you would but dare to trust Him in faith.

Dear Lord, help me to walk uprightly before you.  Help me to be just in your sight.  Increase my faith and help me to have the holy boldness to walk in faith.  In Jesus’ Name I pray.  Amen.

Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. Feel free to share how these posts are impacting your life.