Sherri Evans

Sherri Evans

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Trouble in the World


“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace.  In this world you will have trouble.  But take heart! I have overcome the world.”  John 16:33

 

When you read this verse, don’t you find yourself nodding in agreement?  Yep, in this world I have trouble.  Lots of it.  Too much of it.  We all do. Trouble seems to be part and parcel for this world.  I know every generation has experienced sickness, disease, heartache, loss, stress and lack.  But it seems to me that the times are becoming more and more perilous.  I believe this will continue to be the case, and increasingly so, until the Lord returns.  This world is gearing up for the soon return of Christ to collect His people unto himself.

Times are hard and appear to be getting harder.  Where is the hope in that?  This verse supplies much of the hope we need.  In Him you may have peace.  In the world there is trouble; in Christ there is peace!  Oh, that I should remain in Christ!  I am not saying that Christians will never experience problems or trouble, but I believe this verse promises that when we face stuff, if we can not get in the flesh, but rather, stay in Him, we can enjoy peace despite what goes on around us.

Take heart!  Look up!  Believe for good things.  He has overcome the world.  In the world is trouble, but he has overcome the world.  Would that not lead you to believe that he has overcome trouble as well?  He has overcome everything and put it under His feet when he defeated Satan at Calvary.  We still have battles to fight, issues to address and life to live as long as we are on this earth.  But our hope, our victory, and our peace can be found and experienced in Him, who has overcome every problem we now face.

I do not know what challenges you face today. Perhaps you are dealing with family issues, financial issues, work stress or health problems.  These very real problems are a real nuisance and if we let them be, they are peace-stealers as well.  I do not wish to in any way minimize the seriousness of your situation.  But I do want to offer you encouragement today that you are not facing a problem that Jesus did not deal with himself while he lived on earth.  He knows your pain.  He sees how you struggle.  He cares and He loves you.  He has made provision for you so that you can experience peace in him.  Therefore, we can take heart.  He has indeed overcome the world.

Dear Lord, I pray for my friends today and ask that you manifest yourself and your peace to them in a personal way.  Bring comfort and encouragement, and renew hope.  Thank you for overcoming everything so that we may have victory in you.  In Jesus’ Name.  Amen. 

Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. Feel free to share how these posts are impacting your life.