Sherri Evans

Sherri Evans

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

An All-Nighter



“Evening, morning and noon and I cry out in distress, and he hears my voice.”  Psalm 55:17


 

For my day job I am on call 24/7, 365 days per year.  No matter when one of my folks needs me, I am available to them.  But the truth is that sometimes they may call me and my pager my fail.  Or perhaps I am in an area where cell service is spotty.  Despite my best efforts I am not always as readily accessible as someone may need.

I am so grateful to know that whether I need the Lord in the wee hours of the morning, during a hectic lunch break or after dinner, He is always there.  He hears me.   In the deepest dark of night, He is there.   He is available, concerned and interested in the things that pertain to me.  Nothing comes my way that He is not aware of or that He has not already planned his provision, protection, wisdom or solution for.  He is such a personal Savior! 

Lately, I have been crying out to him at all hours of the day and night.  I need something from him- desperately, and I am anxiously awaiting His response.  I am so thankful that he does not handle my needs like a toll-free number.  For impending death, press one.  For routine sickness, press two.  For petty life frustration you can expect a long wait…  He does not have to put me at the bottom of the list to still be available to someone whose need is greater.  He is so there for us.

Sometimes I feel like a broken record and feel sure the Lord is tired of hearing the same song, different verse, each day from me.  But yet he loves, he cares and he listens.  Cry out to him.  He is there for you.

Dear Lord, you know what I need more than I do.  If you don’t show up in my situation, I have no other recourse. Thank you that when I look to you, I am saved.  In Jesus’ Name.  Amen.

Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. Feel free to share how these posts are impacting your life.