Sherri Evans

Sherri Evans

Monday, November 5, 2012

Simplicity of Heart

“The Lord is gracious and righteous; our God is full of compassion.  The Lord protects the simplehearted; when I was in great need, he saved me.”  Psalm 116:5-6

 

I have been accused of being simple-minded, but never simple-hearted!  Truth is, my heart is a most complicated matter.  How about yours? 

What does it mean to be simple-hearted?  I believe it means to possess a child-like faith.  This is a heart that chooses to believe, chooses to hope, and chooses to rest.   When we are successful in disengaging our brain and following after our spirit, there is great liberty found there.  This is a place where God can work miracles.  When we hand our concerns and dreams over to him and trust him to bring it to pass, we can go about life happy and fulfilled even while we wait for the realization of the dream.

God is gracious, righteous and full of compassion.  He is 100% trustworthy.  He will never make a choice concerning us that will not ultimately be in our best interest and for our best good.  When we grab hold of the truth of the nature and character of God, it inspires faith and trust. It enables us to abandon ourselves completely to His plan and design knowing we are not able to work it anyway.

In my house, my husband is the one that is a technical genius.  I have no interest in technology and, in fact, I choose not to clutter my mind with the details.  I’m not going to understanding the deep workings of my car engine, or the icemaker in the refrigerator..  I am content with knowing that he knows it and I do not have to!  That is simplehearted faith.  That is the degree to which we must learn to lean on God.  We often lean on God in such a way that if he moves, we will still remain upright.  We have a foot behind us just in case God does not hold us up.  That is ridiculous.  We can run and throw ourselves into his giant arms knowing he will catch us and not let us fall.  A life of faith is the kind that if God does not come through, we fall flat on our face. 

When I am in great need, he saves me.  Praise be to God!  He can handle the large things that concern me.  Do you need saving today?  Call on Jesus.

Dear Lord, help me come up higher in simplehearted faith.  Help me to be a person of great faith and trust.  Go before me today and fight my battles for me.  In Jesus’ Name.  Amen.

Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. Feel free to share how these posts are impacting your life.