Sherri Evans

Sherri Evans

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The Land of the Living

“For you, O Lord, have saved my soul from death, my eyes from tears, my feet from stumbling, that I may walk before the Lord in the land of the living.” Psalm 116:8-9


 

We have a wonderful future ahead of us in heaven- there will be no tears, no sickness, and no death.  We will not stumble. There are so many things to be excited about on the other side.  We will be reunited with loved ones who have gone on before us into the glories of heaven.  We will spend days with Jesus, our Father God, and all of the Bible and present-day heroes of the faith.  But for now, we are definitely “in the land of the living.”

In this land of the living, there are problems, disappointments and tears.    In fact Jesus himself said “…In this world you will have trouble.  But take heart!   I have overcome the world.” (John 16:33) Jesus saves us from the second death which results in eternal separation from Him.  Because we know as Christians, that we are saved from death and have a future without tears and failure, we can find great courage and hope to walk out our faith on the earth today.

While we are in this “land of the living” we must walk purposefully, seeking to bring others with us into  the beautiful promise of eternity.  We have to live lives of impact that draws people to Jesus.  As you look around you, there are countless people who are shedding bitter tears, failing and stumbling in myriad ways.  They need to know that Jesus offers hope and help here in this life. They need to hear that he loves them and wants to bless and strengthen them.  They will only know if we tell them.  They will only see if we show them.  Our days in this life are few.  Let’s make them count.

Dear God, help me to be intentional in my faith.  Help me point others to you.  Thank you that there is a great reward laid up for me on the other side, but help me enjoy your richness, joy, and peace while I am still on Planet Earth.  In Jesus’ Name.  Amen.

Sherri

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. Feel free to share how these posts are impacting your life.