Sherri Evans

Sherri Evans

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Fulfilled


“I cry out to God Most High, to God, who fulfills his purpose for me.”  Psalm 57:2


 

Have you ever had those dreams?  You know the kind- you scream and cry for help, but no sound comes out.  You are paralyzed in fear, but you can do nothing to help yourself-not even to utter a cry.  I have had more than my fair share of those “night terrors” and when I awaken I am always left with a feeling of relief that I am not as helpless as I felt.  Thank God that He gives us a voice to cry out to Him.  He grants us the ability to make our needs known to Him- even if it is within the quietness of our own heart.

When we cry out to God, He hears us and fulfills His purpose for me.  For you.  Is there anything more special than knowing that God has a good purpose for your life and that He works to fulfill it?  When obstacles come to derail us; when we are faced with uncertainty and disappointment, the fulfillment of His purpose is still going forth unchanged.  We are moved by what we see- especially if what we are seeing is a lack of progress.  But those things do not move God.  He is not lacking in resources and ability no matter how bleak and impossible it may be looking at this time.

I discovered (rediscovered) this gem of a verse yesterday as I was facing a very uncertain situation in my life today.  At the time, it leapt off the page to me as confirmation that He knew what was going on in my life and it had not changed His plans for me.  Praise God that we serve an unchanging, eternal God.

Dear Lord, thank you for working to fulfill your plan for me.  Help me to not get in your way.  And a big thank you Lord for answered prayer!  In Jesus’ Name.   Amen.

Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. Feel free to share how these posts are impacting your life.