Sherri Evans

Sherri Evans

Monday, December 3, 2012

When I am Afraid


“When I am afraid, I will trust in you.”  Psalm 56:1


Let’s face it.  Sometimes life is downright scary.  The bills loom with no obvious way to pay it.  You or a loved one faces a health scare.  You fear for your future, your retirement, your job security, your nation…There are many things in life that bring the emotion of fear.

The Bible is full of imperative “Do not fear” commands.  But despite our best efforts there are times that emotion shows up on our doorstep.  Just like happiness, joy, relief, and anger, fear is an emotion we are wired for.  But when we are afraid, we must do as this verse says.  When it happens, I am going to put my trust in God. 

No matter what I face, he is ultimately in control.  No matter how uncertain it appears to me, he has a plan for my life.  A good plan.  He loves me, watches tenderly over all that concerns me.  He fights for me, he defends me, he provides for me and he heals me.  Therefore, when the emotion of fear comes my way, I will choose not to give it place.  I will choose to “fear not” but rather trust in the unfailing hand of God.

You can choose to do the same.  Remind yourself today how much he loves you.  After what all he did on Calvary, what else does he need to do?  Put your trust in him.  He will not fail you.

Dear Lord, I am afraid and you know all about it.  Help me today to be unmoved by the emotion, but rather to put my trust in you.  I love you and praise you.  In Jesus’ Name.  Amen.

Sherri

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. Feel free to share how these posts are impacting your life.