Sherri Evans

Sherri Evans

Friday, December 7, 2012

God Sends His Love


"He sends from heaven and saves me, rebuking those who hotly pursue me. God sends his love and his faithfulness.”  Psalm 57:3

 

Do you ever feel overtaken in this warfare called life?  Some days it seems all we do is battle something, whether it is difficult people, our own fleshly tendencies, sickness, financial woes or job stress.  Regardless of the enemies hotly pursuing you, it is encouraging to know that we have a Savior seated on the throne in heaven, watching over us, making intercession for us with the Father and sending us the help we need that we might be saved.

If Jesus never saves you from anything other than hell and judgment, you are a most blessed person- as am I.  But his saving is not limited just to our need for eternal salvation.  He saves us from trials and attack and safely delivers us out.  When dealing with people or relationship issues, it is sometimes frustrating- especially if it is people we feel subordinate to.  An unreasonable boss, a harsh parent, a selfish husband, all of these are ways that people can feel oppressed by their social roles and possibly even by the command to submit to those in authority over us.  But when we feel we are being mistreated, we must recall that if we are doing everything the Lord requires of us, then he will deal directly with anyone who is mistreating us.  This passage says that he will rebuke those that hotly pursue me.  Thank God we are not without an advocate and defender.  And when a person is rebuked of God, they are rebuked indeed!  We do not have to feel powerless when we have a strong protector always on our side.

The next part says that “God sends his love and faithfulness.”  That is so beautiful to me.  He is love.  He is faithful.  What else could he send to me?!  Outside the blood of Jesus, I deserved punishment, separation, death, rejection and torment.  But because he so loved me, and because I accepted his offer of salvation, I get a benefit package rather than a penalty package.  The gifts he send my way are good and helpful. 

Be encouraged today, God is for you.  He wants to help, deliver and save you.  You are not without remedy!

Dear Lord, thank you for saving me, defending me and sending me good things.  Help me to give love and faithfulness back to you.  In Jesus’ Name.  Amen.

Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. Feel free to share how these posts are impacting your life.