Sherri Evans

Sherri Evans

Thursday, December 13, 2012

The Consolation Prize


“When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul.”  Psalm 94:19


 

I am not going to lie to you.  Today I had some moments when “anxiety was great within me.”  I had some life problems that were bigger than me and any ability that I had to fix them.  Hopeless, really…if I did not have Jesus.  But thank the Lord, he is right beside me to bring consolation and joy to my soul.

Yesterday as I posted my blog about believing and then again this morning when I felt led to post a verse on facebook about the same topic, I was feeling pretty good about life and hoped those thoughts and verses would help someone going through a trial, then boom!  I realized that perhaps they were for me as well.  Before I had reason to be anxious, the Lord was offering me his consolation.

I don’t know if you are the trusting sort, or if you are like me, and have a hard time struggling with worry.  But either way, we all face things that are bigger than us.  When that happens, we often feel the need to “do” something, even if the only thing we can “do” is worry and fret.  Today I resolved to just trust him at his word.  Within an hour of that decision, God very clearly came through for me in another area with a long-awaited answer to prayer.  And then it hit me.  He would be just as faithful over the other situation as he was over the one that I already had an answer to.  As a child of God, his joy and consolation are available to you.  Refocus your anxious thoughts instead to thoughts of his faithfulness, love and power.  Before long, you will find hope and joy spring alive within your heart!

Dear Lord, help me to quit worrying.  It is a hard habit to overcome, I need you to show me how.  In Jesus’ Name.  Amen.

Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. Feel free to share how these posts are impacting your life.