Sherri Evans

Sherri Evans

Friday, January 4, 2013

Getting Credit? Be Careful


"I am the LORD; that is my name! I will not give my glory to another or my praise to idols.”  Isaiah 42:8


 

Have you ever done something really awesome, only to find that no one gave you credit for it?  That is really hard to handle.  In fact, the difficulty seems to be directly proportional to the oversight.  If I hand my husband a drink and he forgets to say “thank you”, I can handle that with no problem.  If I give my husband all my Christmas cash for his birthday and he does not say “thank you”, that is a little harder to handle.

On a broader scale, how many times does God come through for us and we say “Oh, I did it.  Yay, me!”  He alone is God.  He alone is the Almighty, Omnificent, Omnipotent, Omnipresent one.  Whatever good comes my way?  He did it.  My gifts, my ability, my talents?  All his doing.  We cannot even rub two brain cells together without him giving us the ability.  So why do we withhold praise from the only one who truly deserves it?

Thank you, Lord for all that you do for me, all that you have done all that you will ever do.  Thank you for who you are, your power, your love your strength.  You have done amazing things on my behalf and I praise you for it.  I praise you in advance for all you are doing that I cannot even fathom.  In Jesus’ Name.  Amen.

Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. Feel free to share how these posts are impacting your life.