Sherri Evans

Sherri Evans

Monday, January 7, 2013

The Quest



“Seek the Lord while he may be found; call on him while he is near.”  Isaiah 55:6


 

I am on a quest.  I have decided that I am going after the Lord.  Good thing for a minister to decide, huh?  Obviously this is a decision I made long ago.  But I must confess, I have put my quest on hold.  I have gotten distracted.  I have gone in other directions and forgot to come back to it.  But, I am making a fresh resolution to go after him.  Have you had the same experience?  Do you find the loudness of life drowning out the still, small voice of the Lord?  Overbearing his tender wooing?

There is so much more about him to know, so much more to seek.  I think about how Moses talked with God, face-to-face as a man does with a friend.  I remember the friendship that Abraham enjoyed with the Lord and I see my relationship with the Lord coming up short in comparison.  God is the same.  Thus, the shortfall in the relationship is definitely on my side.

My grandmother died without answering some questions I had for her.  Not because she was not willing to answer-but because I never got around to asking her.  I thought I had plenty of time, and by the time I realized it, I had waited too long.  Now the Lord may be found.  But for those who resist him now, there is a time that there will be no more chances, no more calling, and no more time.

He is here now. He is near to me, and desires to be even nearer.  The Bible makes it clear that if we draw near to God, he draws near to us.  Want more of him?  The ball is in your court.  Want more intimacy? Set aside the time; set aside your inhibitions and go after God!

Dear Lord, thank you that you are near.  Show me how to chase you.  Show me how to seek you, to hear your voice and glean from your Word.  In Jesus’ Name.  Amen.

Sherri

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. Feel free to share how these posts are impacting your life.