Sherri Evans

Sherri Evans

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Mine All Mine?


“My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin.  But if anybody does sin, we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense- Jesus Christ, the righteous One.  He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but for the sins of the whole world.  I John 2:1-2
 
Jesus provided the one sacrifice that was needed to reconcile me (and you) to himself.  His one act of sacrifice upon the cross washed away all the sins I (or you) ever committed or ever will commit.  What a personal Savior!  But what is greater is that he is the Savior of my family, neighbors, community and world.  He is both personal and global.  Does that boggle your mind?
Because he paid that price for me, I too, have to find a way to get beyond myself and see the needs of those around me.  Every person we will see today needs to know that he is the Savior of the whole world.  Every person alive needs to understand the depth of his love and commitment, verified by his precious blood that was shed for each one of them.  How on earth can the whole world know of his sacrifice?  Only if we tell, will they hear.
Some statistics I read recently indicated most Christians do not lead even one person to Christ a year.  Can I speak candidly with you for a moment?  When a man and wife are actively married in the physical sense, fruitfulness and reproduction will occur.  (Unless efforts are made to prevent it or unless one or the other has physical conditions that prohibit reproduction.)  A healthy relationship is supposed to reproduce.  If our love relationship with Christ is all that it is supposed to be, we should expect to see spiritual offspring coming from that union.  If we are not bringing forth spiritual babes, we must inspect ourselves to determine what is rendering us spiritually barren.
I encourage you today to begin to pray about the people in your life everyday that you can tell about Jesus.  Don’t try to memorize Christianese (Christian jargon) and spout it where you go.  No!  Just talk to others about the Love of Your Life.  Tell them who Jesus is to you.  Share yourself with others and it will naturally lead to opportunities to share.  He is yours!  But he belongs to the world as well.
Lord, I am humbled by your sacrifice; amazed by your love; and baffled by your ability to be so personal and so global all at once.  Help me to share your vision of the world.  Help me to be fruitful.  In Jesus’ Name.  Amen.
Sherri
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. Feel free to share how these posts are impacting your life.