Sherri Evans

Sherri Evans

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Get the Body You Have Always Dreamed Of...




 

"How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God!  And that is what we are!  The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him.  Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known.  But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is." I John 3:1-2

What an awesome hope this verse gives! Having not seen Jesus' resurrected form, I cannot envision what my "eternal" body  will look like.   We know  he could just appear out of nowhere, he could still cook and eat.  But yet he did not seem bound by time or space.  What a supernatural wonder it will all be.  Whatever form he took, we shall be like him!

We will see him just as he is.  There is no greater hope in all of Scripture.  He walked on this earth, he was brutally murdered for our sins, and God supernaturally resurrected him and bought him back to life.  The he ascended up into heaven while the disciples looked on.  We were not alive to see all this transpire, but we can know it occurred because our infallible Word of God tells us this.  But I am looking forward to the day that I can see him just like Peter did.  I can see what "Doubting Thomas" saw and I can rest in his presence knowing he will always be there and available to me for time immemorial. 

This world really is not our home.  Our home is in heaven with Christ. Until then we are completing the work he left us to do.  Take some time today and reflect on the hope we have of seeing our blessed Redeemer face to face.

Dear Lord, thank you for giving me the opportunity to walk with you in faith in this life and in reality in the life to come.  Help me to hold on to my hope.  In Jesus' Name.  Amen.

Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. Feel free to share how these posts are impacting your life.