Sherri Evans

Sherri Evans

Monday, February 18, 2013

Truth or Lie?




 

"Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come.   This is how we know it is the last hour.  They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us.  For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us; but their going showed that none of them belonged to us.  But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and all of you know the truth.  I do not write to you because you do not know the truth, but because you do know it and because no lie comes from the truth."  I John 2:18-21

The enemy of your soul is constantly working, trying to find some entrance into your life to shipwreck your faith.  He tries to discourage you, deceive you and flat out lie to you.  He will, too, if you let him...

It is our job to hold fast to the truth that we know and to add to our knowledge base daily.  The Bible is a wealth of information, wisdom, knowledge and direction for your life.  When we neglect to invest in knowing the Word of God, we swing wide open the door of our hearts and mind to our enemy to come in and deceive us.  No matter how much you respect a teacher, preacher or evangelist, if their words are not based on the Bible, in their entirety, you cannot afford to accept their message.  There are false teachers out there and we must be armed with the truth to disarm a lie. But not only that, there are men and women who are honestly confused or deluded and believe that they are sharing the truth, the whole while propagating partial truth or a whole lie.  The only way to discern those teachers is from knowing your Word.  Heaven and earth will pass away, but the Word of God will stand... will you be standing on the Word of God?

A few years back I had some really important prayers answered differently than I had prayed.  That caused me to begin to question things I had always believed and even some passages of the Bible.  (Don't judge me too harshly, I was walking through a horrible season of death on every side.  I believe it was seven loved ones in one year.)  When I would read passages about God's healing, I would find myself saying, "unless he decides not to..."  There came a day the Lord called me on the carpet about my unbelief.  I had to reach a decision that the Word of God  would be truth and everything else a lie.  I refused to exalt my experience above the Bible.  Do I understand why things don't always work out as I hope and pray?  Of course not!  But I have decided to hang my hat- all I believe- on the truth of the Word of God.  From that,  I will not be moved. You know the truth.  Guard it.  Hold on to it.  Do not allow the enemy or anyone else to move you from those precious words!

Dear  Lord, thank you for sharing your Word with us.  Thank you for directing our paths and illuminating our way.  Help me walk all of my days upon the strong, immoveable foundation of the Bible.  In Jesus' Name.  Amen.

Sherri


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. Feel free to share how these posts are impacting your life.