Sherri Evans

Sherri Evans

Friday, May 10, 2013

Confidence Builder



 


"I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know  that you have eternal life.  This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us."  I John 5:13-14


 

Do you ever struggle with confidence? Do you ever struggle with confidence in the Spirit?  I have struggled with both- to be quite honest.  I used to work on trying to be a more confident person.  A person who  held my head up high and "fake it till I make it" so that people would not see that I struggled with feeling that assurance that others seem to naturally exude.  But then the Lord began to deal with my heart, that I did not need more self confidence.  I needed more God confidence!

 

Let's be real for a moment.  There are things that I (and you) are just naturally good at doing.  But where did that originate from?  It came from  Him!  Every  gift, ability, propensity or "smart" that you have is a gift from the loving Heavenly Father, who designed you.  His design was always with a Kingdom purpose in mind.  If you have a leadership gift, it is not so you can work for a Fortune 500 Company (though you might).  The gift is to be used in the church and to build the kingdom of God.  Are you a good  money person?  Then find a way to invest that skill in the kingdom!  It is good to use our natural talents for our vocation, but we can never forget that there are also spiritual reasons for the gifts we possess.

 

So, back to the original  confidence question. How confident are you, particularly in Christ?  If you lack confidence in your ability, begin to look at His ability that is available to you.  You have access to unlimited potential, knowledge, power, favor, provision, and help in Christ!  If He leads you to do something beyond your ability, begin to call upon His ability!  He has a way of always  calling us to "God-sized" jobs because he wants us to see the end of ourselves and look to him.

 

Today's verse says that we can have confidence in approaching God, particularly in bringing our petitions to him in prayer.  Because of all that Christ accomplished on our behalf, we can boldly appear before the throne of a holy God!  That will never cease to blow my mind.  Because I am covered in his blood, that was completely sufficient, I have access to the Father.  Rather than being consumed in fiery judgment, I can stand before him justified and unafraid.  But the richness of his redemption does not end there.  I can also boldly ask God for things that I need, or want.  Will I always get it?  That is a discussion for another day.  But  for now, just think about the first part.  You can have confidence in Christ.  And you can ask  him for his will, and he will hear you.  Let your faith begin to rise based on today's  verse!

 

Thank you, Jesus, for purchasing me access to the Father in prayer.  Thank you for giving me confidence of my position in you.  And thank you, Father, for hearing my  prayer.   In Jesus' Name. Amen.

 

Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. Feel free to share how these posts are impacting your life.