Sherri Evans

Sherri Evans

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Receiving the Strength & Peace of God



"The Lord gives strength to his people; the Lord blesses his people with peace." Psalm 29:11

 

Have you ever been around an extremely generous person?  There have been times people have lavished me with so much generosity that it became uncomfortable and downright embarrassing.  That is the way the Lord generously pours His love and gifts on us!

This verse talks about two important things that  the Lord pours out in our life: 1) strength and 2)peace.  There is seldom a day that goes by that I do not rely on the strength of the Lord to resist temptation, to stand during a trial or to not give up hope about a promise the Lord has given me.  The strength of my moral fiber or character is tenuous at best.  But he has unlimited power to enable us  to walk in the Spirit and meet the demands of living in a sin-filled world.

Thank God for His gift of peace!  So much of life makes no sense to me, tries my faith and leaves me riddled with anxiety.  But the supernatural commodity of peace enables me to see the storm, but not feels the effects of it.

After a season of intense work-related stress, I can see how Christ's peace was multiplied to me to see me through the tensest of days.  But I also appreciate how after the storm had past He renewed my reserves of peace.  Today I spent hours at the beach, taking in the sounds of the surf, observing the undaunted peace of  the birds.  It is a reminder that He is watching over all creation, providing for it just as He does for his children.

Dear Lord, help me to receive your strength and peace.  Help me to walk in the Spirit and not be moved by the stressors that life throws my way, in Jesus' Name.  Amen.

Sherri

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. Feel free to share how these posts are impacting your life.