Sherri Evans

Sherri Evans

Monday, May 20, 2013

Jesus Revealed




 

"I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know  that you have eternal life.  This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.  And if we know that he hears us- whatever we ask- we know that we have what we asked of him.  If anyone sees his brother commit a sin that does not lead to death, he  should pray and God will give him life.  I refer to those whose sin does not lead to death. There is a sin that leads to death.  I am not saying that he  should pray about that.  All wrongdoing is sin, and there is sin that does not lead to death.  We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one.  We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true.  And we are in him who is true- even in his Son Jesus Christ.  He is the true God and eternal life."  I John 5:13-20

 

I have been raised in church all of my life.  I  grew up hearing  about the love of Jesus, learning the Bible stories in Sunday School and at home.  I am so blessed and grateful for the Christian heritage that I was born into.  I received Christ when I was only five years old.  Being a Christian has been a lifelong pursuit for me. However, I recognize that not all have had that privilege.  When I go to church and hear spiritual terms like sanctification, redemption, and atonement, I understand these words automatically without having to even ponder on their meaning.  But people who were not raised in church or around the Bible, may find this "sub-culture" of Christianity to be too foreign to even understand.  We have to be sensitive to the fact that much of the Bible is a mystery.  It is Spirit and life- and it is discerned in the Spirit.

 

 

According to today's verse, Jesus came to bring us understanding.  He came so that we might be in the one who is true, Jesus Christ, the Son of God!  What a blessing!  What a privilege to have the opportunity to have truth unfolded to us by the person of truth!  He and the Father are not willing that any should perish.  Jesus paid the price so that all men may know truth and be born of God.  When we know Jesus, we know the Father as well.  We are granted eternal life- a life of happiness and joy forevermore in the presence of the One who gave His all for us.

 

If you are new to the family of God, or if you struggle with understanding the teachings of the Bible, begin to pray and ask the Lord to grant you understanding. Just as Jesus walked among the people, carefully teaching them, He is available today to unveil his truth to you! 

 

I am so grateful to serve a knowable God!  He is not far off from us, hiding Himself from us.  Rather is a God who is near, who is calling to us and watching tenderly over us. If we do not know Jesus, it is because we choose not to know Him.  He is making himself available, and desires to reveal himself to you.  Do you want to know more about God and His Word?  Just begin to ask.  He will gladly meet with you face to face, as a man does with his friend.

 

 

Dear Lord, thank you for granting me understanding of Your Word and of spiritual teachings.  Please continue to give me the ability to grow in you, to learn from you and to know you in a personal, intimate way.  I love you, Lord.  In Jesus' Name. Amen.

 

Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. Feel free to share how these posts are impacting your life.