Sherri Evans

Sherri Evans

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Who Are You Calling a Liar?




 

finger pointing at you"Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves the father loves his child as well.  This is how we know that  we love the children of God: by loving God and carrying out his commands.  This is love for God: to obey his commands.  And his commands are not burdensome, for everyone born of God overcomes the world.  This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith.  Who is it that overcomes the world?  Only he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.  This is the one who came by water and blood- Jesus Christ.  He did not come by water only, but by water and blood.  And it is the Spirit who testifies, because the Spirit is the truth.  For there are three that testify: the Spirit, the water and the blood:   and the three are in agreement.  We accept man's testimony, but God's testimony is greater because it is the testimony of God, which he has given about his Son. Anyone who believes in the Son of God has this testimony in his heart.  Anyone who does not believe God has made him out to be a liar, because he has not believed the testimony God has given about his Son."  I John 5:1-10

 

There have been people in my life that have lied to me.  There have been people I have lied to.  There have been others still who I accused of lying, only to find out that they were telling the truth.

 

How do we know when someone is telling the truth?  The easiest way is  that if we know their character to be one of  integrity.  If they have always conducted themselves in a trustworthy manner, then we are more prone to believe what they are saying. 

 

God has never been anything but truthful, faithful and loving to me.  He has met my needs, blessed me beyond measure and lavished me with his love.  How could I believe that he would ever do anything that was not forthright and honest?  Because I so believe in his holiness, I cannot do anything else but take him at his Word in all matters.  Even when there are things in the Bible that I may not fully comprehend intellectually, I can take the truth of it by faith.  By faith in the person of God. 

 

Anyone who does not believe Jesus is all that God says he is, makes God out to be a liar.  That is a serious offense.  One I hope none of us are guilty of doing.  As believers, our greatest job is believing.  Believing all that we are taught in the Bible and impressed by his Spirit.

 

Dear God, forgive me for the times I have failed to believe and made you out to be a liar.  Help me to increase in faith and walk in belief.   In Jesus' Name. Amen.

 

Sherri

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. Feel free to share how these posts are impacting your life.