Sherri Evans

Sherri Evans

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Another Chance at Life


 

Ps 30:2-3

 

2 God , my God, I yelled for help

and you put me together.

3 God , you pulled me out of the grave,

gave me another chance at life

when I was down-and-out.

(THE MESSAGE:)

 

The New Year is a time  that we celebrate second-chances.  New beginnings.  There is renewed hope that we can really get what we want out of life and that things can be different.  Though most New Year's resolutions are never carried out through the first week, let alone the first month, nothing is wrong with wanting a fresh start.  In fact, God invented the new beginning.

Before man was ever created, our all-knowing God understood that we would fail.  And He lovingly made provision for our restoration, bought with the priceless blood of Jesus, the only sinless One.  He knows our every weakness and evil tendency, but He offers us the chance of new beginnings.  Not just once, but as often as we need it.

No matter how often we fall or fail, He is  always there routing us on and offering strength and provision to make it through.  He not only wants us to succeed, but often, it is Him who gives us the desire to succeed.

What are you aiming for this year?  Do you want to lose weight?  Quit smoking?  Get out of debt?  Be more punctual?  Or are your goals more spiritual in nature?  Are you striving to spend more time in prayer, fasting or Bible study?  Do you hope to know Him more in 2014?  If so, He is certainly offering you the help you need to succeed in those areas.

Dear Lord, thank you for 2013.  Thank you for bringing  me through all of the trials, hurts and disappointments.  Thank you for the successes, the revelations, the answered prayers and the grace.  Forgive me for the areas that I have failed you, over and over again.  I ask you today, O Lord, to grant me the strength, wisdom and grace to walk out of my habits and habitual shortcomings.  Dear God, help me to please you this year. Help me to set my focus on heavenly things and not be moved by earthly things.  Let 2014 be the year of greatest impact in my life.  Help me to live a consistent Christian witness and lead others to you.  Help me to release all grudges and offenses.  Be near me, this  year O God, in a way that I can sense.  I desire Your presence in all that I do.  Glorify Yourself in me and in America once again.  In Jesus' Name.  Amen.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. Feel free to share how these posts are impacting your life.