Sherri Evans

Sherri Evans

Friday, July 20, 2012

According to His Riches

“And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.”  Philippians 4:19




In my pantry there are certain staples I am seldom without.  If I have corn, tomatoes, pasta and hamburger meat (which is in the freezer instead of the pantry!), I can come up with several different dishes to cook for dinner.  If I have flour, butter, sugar and cocoa I can go in several different directions for dessert.  These are my go-to ingredients.

Today’s verse is a staple verse of my life as well. If you have been very long on this earth, you know that finances go through seasons as well. You get a raise and enjoy more prosperity. You buy a new car and things are tight.  You pay off a credit card and have more money, you have a baby and your finances are never the same again!  We go through seasons of prosperity and seasons of more limited resources.  But through it all, God is our source.  He is the only one who ultimately meets our needs.  He chooses to do it through our jobs, unexpected bonuses, raises, gifts, discounts, specials, and rebates. He is unlimited in the way He meets our need.

If you are walking in obedience in your finances- tithing, giving and being a good steward; you can rest assured that He will be faithful to do His part as well.  According to this verse, He will meet all of your needs.  Not just some of them.  But notice this passage does not promise every little desire of your heart. It is talking about basic needs.  When there is something we need, He will supply it according to His glorious riches.  Wow!  I am so glad that it is not based on my riches, or really on my need, but it is based on His riches- which are limitless!

There are other verses that talk about giving us the desires of our heart as well.  But today, just focus on the fact that no matter how bad things can look at times, God is your source and He has unlimited resources.  You can trust Him to meet your every need.

Dear Lord, thank you for all the things you have already blessed me with- salvation, my family, my health, my home and my job.  Thank you that you see my need and love me enough to meet it.  In Jesus’ Name.  Amen.

Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. Feel free to share how these posts are impacting your life.