Sherri Evans

Sherri Evans

Monday, July 9, 2012

I Have Nothing to Wear!

“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear.  Is not life more important than food and the body more important than clothes?”  Matthew 7:25


How much do you worry?  If you added up all the fretful moments, how many   days, weeks, months or years of your life would be consumed with worry?  Sadly, we worry about big things and we worry about small things.  Will I be late for my meeting?  What if the economy does not rebound and I have no retirement? What is this pain in my body?  Will my kids turn out right?

Life is full of worry opportunities, but the Lord’s desire is that we trust him instead of worrying.  In this passage, He identifies two common concerns for humanity- will I have nourishment, will I have adequate clothes?  Worrying about these types of things is a warning sign that we have not turned all of these issues over to God. 

If we truly believe that he loves us, that we are the apple of his eye that Jesus died on the cross for our sins… must we truly worry about if we will have shoes to wear to the picnic?  Christians dishonor God when we try to take care of ourselves, rather than asking our Heavenly Father what we have need of.

Today I encourage you to be aware of the times that you are drifting away from trust and into worry.  God has got this.  He will feed and clothe you.  He will take care of both the big and small matters of life.

Father, thank you for wanting to be involved in the important and trivial things that pertain to my life.  Help me to trust you.  And Lord, today I ask you for the provision I need for my family and me.  In Jesus’ Name.  Amen.
Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. Feel free to share how these posts are impacting your life.