Sherri Evans

Sherri Evans

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Embracing Your Day


“This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.” 

Psalms 118:24

 Do you ever have days you wish you could fast forward through?  I find myself doing that this week in particular.  I feel that if I could just get through Thursday, my life can begin again.  I sometimes feel this way when I am up against a lot of stress; big deadlines on the job or an activity that I really dread.  It seems like during these seasons all of life is drained of enjoyment and is just an endurance test.

But the truth of the matter is that today is a precious gift that we can never get back.  We are none guaranteed another day, so we must capitalize on each day as it comes our way.  Today- this day- is the day the Lord has made.  He has made it as a day to be with us.  He has made it to be a day we enjoy His presence; seek His face; and rest in His goodness.

Here the psalmist says “let us rejoice”.  This phraseology indicates an imperative and a choice.  He is commanding himself and his audience to find a way to rejoice.  Find a way to embrace joy, find a way to delight in the things the Lord offered them.  Rejoicing is a choice.  We can spend our days dreading, fearing and doubting, or we can begin to give ourselves a pep talk.

You may wonder how to go about doing it, as have I many times. For me, with the things at work I face, it goes something like this- “Thank you Lord for today.  Thank you for blessing me with another day.  Thank you for walking with me through all I face.  I praise you for all of the times in the past you have brought me through stressful things.  Thank you that every time I have been through an audit you have been with me and given me favor.  I know that my life is in your hands and I give you the cares of this day.  Thank you for life, salvation, my family, my job and all the wonderful blessings you have given me today.  In Jesus’ Name.  Amen.

Rejoice!  I will say again rejoice!

Sherri


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. Feel free to share how these posts are impacting your life.