Sherri Evans

Sherri Evans

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Surrounded with Favor

“For surely, O Lord, you bless the righteous; you surround them with your favor as a shield.” 

Psalm 5:12



How could we make it through one day without the blessings of the Lord?  Our salvation, our health, our family, our job, our home, our vehicle, our friends, our clothes, every small thing we possess is a gift from our Creator.  He willingly bestows blessings on us, lavishing us with His love each day.

Many days I need the favor of God.  Favor is defined as kindness, approval, and friendly regard by a superior.  Aren’t you glad today, that God surrounds you with favor?  So much so that it serves as a shield around you!  It protects you from potential blows and hardship.  His favor causes people to like us, to think the best of us and to want to go out of their way for us.

I have a friend in my life that just oozes the favor of God.  Everyone I meet who is a mutual acquaintance always says “Oh, you know ____, don’t you just love her?  She is so sweet! She is just the best!”  And she is.  But I recognize too that the favor of God rests on her, giving people friendly regard for her everywhere she goes.

Today as she you face the circumstances of your day, expect the favor of God to surround you as a shield.  On the job, when talking to the insurance company, when returning a defective item… it does not matter the circumstance, if you are a child of God and are trying to live righteously before him, this is a reality you should enjoy!

“Dear Lord, go before me today.  Pour favor over me with everyone I come in contact with.  Protect me with your favor and be glorified in all I do.  In Jesus’ Name.  Amen.

Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. Feel free to share how these posts are impacting your life.