Sherri Evans

Sherri Evans

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Fear of Embarrassment

“To you, O Lord, I lift up my soul; in you I trust, O my God.  Do not let me be put to shame nor let my enemies triumph over me.”  Psalm 25:1




When you read this verse, what part of it spoke to you?  Not being put to shame or not having your enemies triumph over you?  As we live our lives in confident trust, we believe that God will protect us from embarrassment, lack, and defeat by our enemies.

The circumstances you face in life today, probably made a particular part of the verse speak more to you.  For me, it is a little bit of both.  There are several things that I have committed to God in faith that I want or need to see Him perform.  There are faith steps that I have made that I want him to protect me from being embarrassed over.  And for sure, there are enemies I do not want to get the upper hand over my life.

Who are the enemies you face today?  It may be actual people in your life, on your job or in the family that cause you to feel oppressed or afraid.  Perhaps your enemies are things like financial lack, health problems, strife and discord or fear.  No matter what enemies you have, God is greater.  He is bigger, stronger, smarter and more powerful than anything or anyone you stand against today.  He walks beside you, carrying you when needed.

Lift up your soul to Him.  Put your trust in Him. He cannot fail you.  He loves you and wants what is best for you even more than you do!  He will protect you from your enemies.  Run to him- you will find safety.

Dear Lord, I lift up my soul- my mind, will and emotions, to you today.  I ask you to protect me from my enemies and keep me from embarrassment.   I pray especially today for those who are facing fearful circumstances, I ask you Lord, to give them peace and strength.  Protect them, in Jesus Name I pray.  Amen.

Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. Feel free to share how these posts are impacting your life.