Sherri Evans

Sherri Evans

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Apologies. Where Do I Begin?

“Against you, you only, have I sinned and done what is evil in your sight, so that you are proved right when you speak and justified when you judge.”

Psalm 51:4 


This passage always gives me pause.  David knew he had sinned against Bathsheba because he knew she was married.  He knew he had sinned against her husband, because he had set up his murder.  But all of this paled in comparison to David’s understanding of his sin against Almighty God.

Our sins in this life usually affect at least one other person and sometimes our sin results in problems for many people.  But when all is said and done, we are much like King David.  Ultimately our sin is against our Creator, who made us in His image and for His glory.

Often we are required by God to make apologies to those we have wronged, especially if they know of our sin.  But always, our first apology goes to the Lord.  We must get things right with Him in order to be able to make things right with our fellow man.

Do you have some apologizing to do today?  Why don’t you come clean with God?

Dear Lord, I am sorry for the times that I have failed you.  I regret my wrong attitudes, actions and speech.  Please forgive me and help me to not sin against you today. In Jesus’ Name.  Amen

 

Sherri

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. Feel free to share how these posts are impacting your life.