Sherri Evans

Sherri Evans

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Down and Dirty


 “Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin.”  Psalms 51:2


Have you ever been dirty?  I mean really dirty head to toe?  Nothing feels better after that than getting a good, hot shower.  Being really dirty makes you appreciate clean far more.

Many of us remember that clean, light feeling we had when we first came to Christ for salvation.  The contrast of being a sinner, to being forgiven is such a heady experience.  You cannot even describe the joys of it adequately to someone who has not experienced it.

Unfortunately, in time, we sometimes forget where we came from and to what degree we were cleansed.  We do well to occasionally reflect on the transformation that occurred in that great exchange called salvation.  Even as Christians, we constantly need to go back to Christ for forgiveness.

I am so grateful that he washes away ALL our iniquity.  There is no sin beyond his capability to forgive, wash and erase.  No matter how much we have sinned, or how often, his blood is enough to make us pure, righteous, holy and blameless in his sight.  Selah- pause and calmly think about that.

Dear Lord, I am so grateful for your blood that makes me whole and clean.  Thank you for loving me enough to die for my sins.  Thank you that you became sin on my behalf.  For the gratitude in my heart, there are no words. In Jesus’ Name.  Amen.
Sherri

 







                                           











                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. Feel free to share how these posts are impacting your life.