Sherri Evans

Sherri Evans

Monday, August 20, 2012

It’s Just According


“Have mercy on me, O God, according to your unfailing love; according to your great compassion blot out my transgressions.”  Psalm 51:1


What a beautiful verse to begin such a beautiful chapter.  I am so grateful that His mercy is according to His unfailing love.  His rich, deep, unconditional, unmoving, unfailing love.  There is no telling how many times a day I need His mercy.  He is rich in mercy and His heart is tender toward us.  What a precious gift!


Whether I succeed or fail, stand or fall, his love does not fail!  In life, some people will leave you behind if you do not meet their expectation.  But God’s love never depends on our ability to do right, but on His character, which is love.

According to your great compassion….”  Based on His compassion, His tender heart, His great kindness. According to that, blot out my transgressions.  This is good news because my transgressions are enormous!  I have a God-sized sin problem. How about you?

I urge you today to take time to reflect on this indescribable gift of His love, His compassion and His ability to blot out your sin.  When He cleanses you, you are as clean as if you were never dirty.  He removes your sin never to look at it again.  Not because of your works, but according to His compassion.

Dear Lord, thank you!  Your gifts are beyond my ability to fathom them. Help me to always recall your great compassion and unfailing love.  Wash me of my sin, and help me to put it behind me just as you put it behind you.  In Jesus’ Name.  Amen.

Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. Feel free to share how these posts are impacting your life.