Sherri Evans

Sherri Evans

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Restored.


“Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit to sustain me.” Psalm 51:12


 

 

Have you ever lost your joy? Sometimes life has a way of zapping every bit of happiness and joy that we possess.  It is a dangerous place to be, however, when we lose the joy of our salvation.  When we forget who we are and where we came from; when we forget who He is and what He has done for us… We are on dangerous ground.

Sometimes we have to come before the Lord and ask him to restore that joy to us. The Bible talks about the joy of the Lord being our strength.  Joy in God is so much more than feeling like life is going our way.  It is so much more than the thrill we feel when our flesh is temporarily satisfied.

The joy of our salvation is one of the main things that make salvation attractive to others.  When we get down on life; lose our joy and smile, we render our testimony ineffective.  Today, begin to seek the Lord to help you get back to that first-love feeling.  You know, the feeling you had the day you first came to Christ and knew your sins were forgiven.  Pray until that becomes foundational in your walk with God.  And when that begins to slip; seek Him once again to do a work of restoration.

Dear Lord, I have lost the joy of my salvation.  Restore that to me. Reset my perspective.  Help me look at life through Your eyes and in the wonder of all Jesus purchased for me when He was crucified.  In Jesus’ Name.  Amen.

Sherri

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. Feel free to share how these posts are impacting your life.