Sherri Evans

Sherri Evans

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

What is Your Worldview?

“He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.”  I John 2:2


I love the song “Here I am to Worship.”  Especially the line that says, “I’ll never know how much it cost to see my sins upon the cross.”  It is something very sobering to think about the price He paid for my sins.  He is such a personal Savior, freely laying down His life on my behalf.  For every sin I will ever commit, He has already given Himself to atone for me.

But that verse does not stop there.  It goes on to say “but also for the sins of the whole world.”  It is not enough to know that Jesus died for me. We must be mindful of the fact that he died for the sins of all the world- even the people I don’t like. Even for the people I have never met.  This is so much bigger than me…. or you.  Jesus is a personal Savior, but he is also a universal Savior- for anyone who will accept His sacrifice.

Jesus is always the example we are to look to in everything.  His worldview was quite clear at Calvary.  He paid the price for the whole world.  He paid the price for Jews.  He paid the price for Gentiles.  He paid the price for Indians.  He paid the price for Caucasians.  He paid the price for Africans.  He paid the price for male.  He paid the price for female.

We must pray to see the world as Jesus did.  A world full of precious people- people worth reaching; people worth serving; people worth dying for. We must pray to be evangelistic in our everyday life.  We must seek to see beyond our own families, neighborhood and nation, looking outward to the world.

Dear Lord, thank you for your sacrifice.  Thank you for enduring the pain, the humiliation and rejection it took to be my Savior and the Savior of the world.  I honor you and I honor your sacrifice.  Help me live my life by your example.  In Jesus’ Name.  Amen.

Sherri


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. Feel free to share how these posts are impacting your life.