Sherri Evans

Sherri Evans

Friday, August 24, 2012

Inside Out


“Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me.  Surely you desire truth in the inner parts; you teach me wisdom in the inmost place.”  Psalm 51:5-6


 

In today’s passage, David is still grieving over the sin that he had committed.  But we see wisdom begin to emerge in verse 6.  “Surely you desire truth in the inner parts…”  This is a deep revelation that David has come to.  After committing adultery and staging the murder of his lover’s husband, David at first failed to see his shortcoming and sin as it was.  But after Nathan confronted him, it seemed a light came on and all of the sudden David sees the ugly underbelly of what he had done.  Thus, coming to the conclusion that he needed truth in the inner parts.

How many times do we justify our sins and rationalize our poor choices?  We always look at what we do personally in light of our feelings.  The problem with that, is that feelings are fickle and subject to change. That is why we need the truth of the Word of God as our bedrock.  His truth and wisdom will never steer us wrong.  He teaches us wisdom in the inmost place, in our spirit-man, where he dwells.  We must learn to heed the still, quiet voice of the Spirit, whispering direction and wisdom in our innermost places to walk in the wisdom that he has for us.

Dear Lord, help me to have truth in the inner parts.  Please help me to see things thorough the Light of your Word and the truth and wisdom you illuminate to me.  Teach and guide me, oh Lord, I pray.  In Jesus’ Name.  Amen.
Sherri

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. Feel free to share how these posts are impacting your life.