Sherri Evans

Sherri Evans

Friday, September 6, 2013

Anchored in Hope


    

    

Ps 119:114

 

114 You are my hiding place and my shield;

I hope in Your word.

NKJV

 

Panic rooms- a safety precaution for the rich and privileged.  I am told that they are reinforced and provide safety during a home invasion.  Since I have never been rich nor privileged, I have often thought about what I would do if someone broke in.  Usually my plan involved a locked door, furniture in front of it, a telephone and a gun.  But never have I envisioned any of that truly working.

I am so grateful that I do have a fail-safe hiding place!  I can trust the Lord to hide and protect me.  I can take comfort in knowing that nothing will come my way unless He allows it, and He always cares for me and my best interest.  He is my defense; He is my safety!

As times become increasingly frightening, even a Christian can find their mind taken up with worries about what will become of us before Christ returns. There are so many frightening contingencies that can occur.  And yet, we cannot stay in peace and dwell on those things.  Rather, we have to hope in the Lord and see Him as our hiding place, and a shield against the onslaught of the enemy. 

Believers must hope in the Word of God.  That is our sure foundation, our rock, and our fortress.   No matter how opinions, laws or trends in religion vacillate, his Word remains constant.  We can anchor ourselves into the Bedrock of Truth, and we will not be moved. 

 

Dear Lord, only You know what tomorrow holds.  You know every event yet to occur.  I put my trust in you.  Hide me, O Lord,  and defend me  as I anchor myself to the truth of Your Word.  In Jesus' Name.  Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. Feel free to share how these posts are impacting your life.