Sherri Evans

Sherri Evans

Friday, September 27, 2013



  Ps 37:39

 

39 But the salvation of the righteous is from the Lord ;

He is their strength in the time of trouble.

NKJV

 

Life can be tiring. Take yesterday for instance.  I was wearing all of my "hats" that day.  I was trying to finish my billable contacts  for my social work job, typing my case notes, washing clothes, tidying the house, planning for an upcoming ministry event this Saturday night; one on Sunday morning; one on Sunday night; some quarterly scheduling for church, paying bills and running errands.   This necessitated a trip to a town 45 minutes away.  One of my kids (who, because I am merciful, shall remain nameless) was out of sorts all day. I was constantly counseling, threatening, warning and disciplining.  Life can be tiring!  By the end of the day all of this blog I could eek out was two sentences.

 

The frustrations of life can not only leave you tired,  but weak as well.  It can zap our strength and leave us feeling weary and unmotivated.   I am so  grateful  that my salvation does not depend upon me.  God is my strength in times of trouble.

 

He reveals His strength to me in so many ways.  In innumerable ways, really.  When the harried(ness) of my day could cause me to have a total fit of carnality, I feel Him holding me together.  When I am at the end of myself, He is there!  When I no longer know which end is up, He  is there.  In Him, and Him alone, I live, move and have by being.

 

On the way home from such a day, I turned out some praise music and immediately, I felt Him rain down His love and compassion on me.  Like a frantic child being soothed by a parent, I felt the Lord holding me near and assuring me that everything was going to be alright.  We expect the Lord to show up on our behalf when we are facing major life catastrophes.  But I am grateful that He offers His strength on days that it is just the little things that cause me to fray!

 

 

 
Dear Lord, You are so good to me!  I thank you and praise You that You are faithful to me, even when I am too stressed to feel You.  Thank you for the strength You give in troubled times.  In Jesus' Name. Amen.



 

Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. Feel free to share how these posts are impacting your life.