Sherri Evans

Sherri Evans

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

The Lord of Peace




 

    


2 Thess 3:16

 

Now may the Lord of peace Himself give you peace always in every way. The Lord be with you all.

NKJV

 

 

Stress and unrest can come in many ways. But peace comes one way.  Through the Lord of Peace or the Prince of Peace.  Jesus is our peace; He is the one who purchased our peace through His sacrificial death.  He abolished the penalty for sin; He conquered death, hell and the grave.  All things are subject to Him.  He is Lord of all.  And He is my Lord.

 

So why do I struggle to hold on to my peace sometimes?  He is always present.  He is always Peace.  Therefore, the breakdown has to be on my end.  I love how this verse says "peace always in every way."  This means I can have peace when I receive a good report just as when I receive a negative report.  I can have peace in plenty or in want.  I can have peace in the middle of the world's chaos.  Because He is with me, I need only to call upon Him and receive it.  All I truly have to do is look to Him and receive what He is constantly offering.

 

Are you struggling with stress, fear or other negative emotions?  Jesus longs to be your peace. The price is paid and the gift is available for the taking.  Release your faith and rest in Him.

 

Dear Lord, help me to draw deeply from your well of peace.  Grant rest to my mind and emotions.  Surround me with the assurance that all is well.    In Jesus' Name. Amen.

 

Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. Feel free to share how these posts are impacting your life.