Sherri Evans

Sherri Evans

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Eternal Love



 

    

 

Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. 2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.  Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up;  Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; 5 does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil;  does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth;   bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.  Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away.

NKJV

   

Love never fails. This is so encouraging to know!  God's love never fails me. He is always perfect in love and his heart toward me is always love.   It gives me great confidence to trust in His love.  When I fail,  when I fall short, I do not have to fear that God will just be done with me. 

 

God's  love is total and just and righteous.  But it does not preclude judgment  if  we choose the path of sin.  Love and judgment coexist side by side.  His love purchased our salvation.  But it does not change the fact that He requires  holiness.

 

There is a time when the gift of tongues, knowledge or prophecy will no longer be needed.  When we are at rest with God in heaven, we will no longer have need of those things.  But there will never be a time, neither here nor in eternity, that we will not need love.  His love will carry  us through eternity without end.  If that is true (and it is! ) shouldn't we do all we can to perfect our love?

 

Thank you,  Father, for your love.  Help me to grow in love, walk in love, and relate to others with Your love.  In Jesus' Name.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. Feel free to share how these posts are impacting your life.