Sherri Evans

Sherri Evans

Thursday, October 17, 2013

The Heritage




 

    

Isa 58:13-14

 

14 Then you shall delight yourself in the Lord ;

And I will cause you to ride on the high hills of the earth,

And feed you with the heritage of Jacob your father.

The mouth of the Lord  has spoken."

NKJV

 

 

Today's verse is a Word of affirmation, promise and blessing. But it is a benediction spoken over people who were willing to consecrate themselves for a holy fast, to do justly, and to relieve the affliction of the needy.  People who humbled themselves to call out to God, to seek His face and to follow His will.  These were the ones given the promise.

 

So many times people, even Christians, go through the spiritual motions.  We crack open our Bibles and scan the words as our minds plan our day.  We bow to pray, but instead, think about what we need to do on the job.  We fast lunch, while sharing gossip with a co-worker.  What good do we receive from half-hearted spiritual disciplines? 

 

God understands that we are weak humans.  He knows that we struggle.  But if we truly want to receive from Him, we have to be willing to really incline our hearts to seek Him. If we have to get a little desperate, dig a little deeper...then He will turn His face to us and pour out a blessing.

 

This verse talks about the promise of blessing- riding on the high place.  It speaks about eating from Jacob's heritage.  And it is confirmed with the solemn oath, "...the mouth of the Lord has spoken."

 

When God makes a promise, it is as good as money in the bank.  He will, without a doubt, perform what He says He will do.  I need the Lord to help me ride on the high places.  I need to enjoy the heritage that He has prepared for me.  His blessings in my life are so abundant.  But what if I really went after Him consistently, with my whole heart?  I can only imagine all the glory that He would reveal in any person who truly sets their heart to follow hard after Him.

 

 

  Dear God, forgive me of the times that I am just going through the Christian motions.  Help me to live in obedience, authentically and passionately.  Allow me to walk in the blessings and inheritance You have provided for me.  In Jesus' Name.  Amen.

 



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. Feel free to share how these posts are impacting your life.