Sherri Evans

Sherri Evans

Monday, October 7, 2013

Never Rejected


Never Rejected    

Ps 27:9-10

 


9 Do not hide Your face from me;

Do not turn Your servant away in anger;

You have been my help;

Do not leave me nor forsake me,

O God of my salvation.

10 When my father and my mother forsake me,

Then the Lord  will take care of me.

NKJV

 

Of all of the human relational experiences, I believe rejection is one of the most painful.  We have all experienced the sting of rejection- feeling like we are not good enough, not accepted, not wanted.  Since one of our greatest emotional needs is to feel loved and accepted, the pain of rejection can cut deeply, into our very hearts.

We can be rejected for lots of reasons and by lots of different people.  But we can always take comfort in knowing that even if everyone turns us away- even our own father or mother- God will take us up.  The Creator of the universe loves and values us.  He has a plan for us and He purposely seeks us out for His own.  He never gives up on us.  His heart toward us is only ever good and loving.  Even when we mess up - big time- He is still there.  Never saying, "That's it, I'm done with him/her."  There is such liberty in knowing how God sees us.

In childhood we looked to our parents and family to affirm us as people and to make us feel special and "OK".  When we fail to get that, it can leave a pretty large vacuum in our hearts.  Thankfully, the Spirit of God can go back through the portals of time and heal those deeps wounds.  We serve such a loving Father!  When we lose at love, are passed over for promotion on the job or are never invited into a clique of friends, He is still there with loving arms of acceptance, fondness and love.

Dear Lord, please comfort and help all of those suffering with rejection issues.  Please help us to find our identity in You and in Your acceptance.

In Jesus' Name.  Amen.

Sherri

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. Feel free to share how these posts are impacting your life.